Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 35

Berta (aka Mommy) at 34 weeks

We are in week 35, meaning we have been pregnant for approximately 34 weeks. Can you believe it? I'm still in awe at the fact that I have a little baby boy growing inside me. It astounds me that I could be part of something so incredible as growing another life.

Adam is such a huge part of our lives already. It's weird to know his patterns, know when he is awake or has the hiccups, know his heartbeat and to have even seen the workings of his heart, but only have the tiniest glimpse of who he is. I don't even know if he likes reading Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great! Or if he hates corn as much as I do right now.

A few days ago, I started feeling pressure on my pelvic floor and pubic bone. Our baby is definitely lower than he used to be. There seems to be only 3 or 4 inches between the bottom of my belly and my pubic bone. I'm pretty sure that means he's dropped and we really are in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Two nights ago, the pain was bad enough that I could barely walk and I had to sit and rest for a couple of hours. I had no pain while sitting, but being on my feet was not fun. We'd done a lot of cleaning and we went out for dinner that day, so I think maybe I overworked myself in addition to Adam sitting lower.

My back is starting to feel better at night and I had a glorious 10 and 1/2 hours sleep last night. I was so pleased and sleepy when Matt woke me up late in the morning. I hadn't slept that well in over a month. Woohoo!

We are so excited to meet Adam. This week, Matt and I will install the car seat and pack our hospital bags so that we're ready for the big day. I still haven't gotten nervous about labor. I'm of the mind that I am already committed to this so what's the point of getting nervous. However, I reserve the right to be a basket case when the contractions start.

I still have heartburn and really, really bad carpal tunnel (syndrome), but overall, I'm still feeling great and still enjoying pregnancy. I also love being a wife to my wonderful husband. We are having a great time together.

Oh and I'm getting huge!

Berta (aka Mommy) at 34 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is really getting close. That is very exciting. Your new baby room and furniture looks great. Great natural light picture in front of the tree :)

    ReplyDelete