Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 214

It's hard to believe I've been pregnant for a little over 200 days. Then again, I don't remember my my pre-pregnancy body. I've been wearing elastic band jeans for so long, I'm not sure how I'm remember to zip my pants when I'm not wearing maternity clothes.

Today, my back is stiff and it's only allowing me to stand for a few minutes at a time. I was hoping to get the dishes washed before the repair person dropped by. Our furnace is not working and it was cold enough in the house today (we are working from home) that we actually tried to turn on the heat. No luck.

Matt and I are getting the essentials ready for our baby's arrival. Last night, we wrote down a master list of things we still need to buy for those first few days/weeks. Basic clothes, baby care items and still working on the furniture. We had our furniture set picked out and tried to order it a couple of weeks ago. When we arrived at the store, we saw a GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sign on the door. They weren't taking any orders and the nearest dealer is in Scottsdale. The manufacturer sells only through retailers. Bummer.

We are currently reading Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great to our son. We've also been talking to him about his upcoming birth day. He's going to be a winter baby just like Matt and I were winter babies. Technically, I'm a late fall baby, but in my hometown, winter really does start before the calendar date.

Another blog cut short. We got our furnace issue resolved, but now there are particles all over my desk, laptop and papers. I need to start trying to clean up the house. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment