Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 36

Today, we have 35 weeks behind us with 35 days until our due date. Only two more weeks until we are considered full-term!

We had another prenatal appointment this afternoon. Blood pressure, heart rate (mine and Adam's) were good. My belly is measuring on target and I'm up 3lbs from our last appointment.

Adam still has enough room to wiggle, hiccup and kick, but not quite as much room as before. I've started noticing Braxton Hicks contractions (painless uterine contractions). Other than that, I have the symptoms I've had for weeks (heartburn, carpal tunnel and swollen ankles). Overall, things are going very well.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention how sleepy I've been. We've been getting around 10 hours of sleep a night and I still need a 2-3 hour nap around noon! I think our bodies are trying to store up sleep before we become parents.

Matt installed the car seat and we have all our hospital bags packed and in the car. We are ready for Adam when he is ready for his big day. I don't suspect he'll be here before he's full term, but we decided to be prepared just in case.

Here are the birth day guesses so far:

Jan 18 (on Matt's birthday)
Jan 20
Jan 26
Jan 27

I think everyone is so excited for his arrival that no one wants to guess that he'll come on his due date or later. Anyone want to guess a week late (Feb 15)?

6 comments:

  1. I'll take February 2 -- Groundhog Day!

    I can't believe how fast these weeks are flying! And I must say, Roberta, you look so great! Matt's not so bad himself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. February 12! (though earlier would probably be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I got your dates.

    Jennifer - thanks!

    Mike - your guess scares me a little. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, look at you. Right on the due date!

    ReplyDelete