Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ouch!

Today marks 1 week of sleep disturbances. My heartburn has gotten worse and last week, it started being too painful for me to sleep at night. Since then, I've made additional adjustments to minimize the pain like taking my prenatal vitamin earlier in the day, eating dinner earlier and sleeping upright for part of the night. Since changing when I take my vitamin, I have been able to go to bed without heartburn.

Unfortunately, just when I got my heartburn under control, I got my spine out of place. Our bed at the B&B was much too firm for my back. After sleeping on the hard mattress, my upper spine was out of place. It has made it impossible for me to sleep through the night, so when the pain gets unbearable, I get up for an hour or two to ice and heat my back. Eventually, my spine feels well enough for me to go back to bed for a few more hours. I'm so grateful that I'm off work for the rest of the year, because getting up during the night/early morning makes me tired during the day.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday, but I was still in pain last night. It takes time for these things to heal, so I'll just keep caring for my back and look forward to feeling better in a few days/weeks. I have been lucky overall. I know that a lot of women are having trouble sleeping at this stage in pregnancy. Even if I'm tired during the day, I don't have to be feeling bad at work. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment