Friday, December 18, 2009

Visible Movement

This week marks the first week in which it is easy to see our son moving around in my belly. There are certain times in day when he is most active (he seems to be on a 3-hour sleep schedule). When he is especially active, I pull up my shirt and watch my belly. Most movements are quick kicks that can shake my whole body along with the bed or the chair. Other movements (the ones I really like watching) are bulges moving across my stomach.

He is in a head down position. Most of the kicks happen on my left side and bulges are at the top center of my belly. When he has hiccups, I massage where I think his back is positioned and try to comfort him. I remember once when I was babysitting Kyle, he had hiccups and after each one, he would whimper. I felt so bad for him. I now think of that each time our baby has hiccups and hope that it's not too uncomfortable for him.

1 comment:

  1. And boy, those aren't leisurely hiccups either. I was genuinely worried about him while we were in bed a few nights ago (Machine gun hiccups is the term I used!).

    ReplyDelete