Sunday, October 4, 2009

Taking Baby to Oktoberfest on the Mountain

On Saturday, we drove up to Ski Valley for Oktoberfest. The weather was wonderful! It was cold enough that we had to wear light jackets and I had to use my ear covers while we sat and listened to the band play. The event is small and for some, probably boring. The brats are pricey and they get smaller every year, but we love spending an afternoon doing nothing but sitting and enjoying the cool weather.

This year, we didn't try to waltz or polka. I'm simply too big for that.

I was a little nervous (of course) about going to the higher altitude. I ate hot fries and Twizzlers on the way to get in a few extra carbs. I had a slight headache for a little while, but the fun of being outdoors outweighed even the annoyance of overused and flooded portable restrooms. We used the facilities in Summerhaven. They now have a Community Center and we found out that they rent the big room for receptions and other gatherings. Matt and I are just thinking of an excuse to throw a party there!

Before leaving the festivities, Matt returned to the little shop that sells fudge for the last of the rum raisin fudge. Unfortunately, the last of it was gone. He had already gotten 1/4 lb rum raisin and 1/4 walnut. This second purchase was 1/4 lb German chocolate. Here is he waiting in line.


Matt (aka Daddy) at 22 weeks

Overall, I did really well on this outing. Once we left Ski Valley, we parked along a dirt road and walked on a valley trail. We took turns taking pictures with the camera we bought just after Christmas. I didn't get tired for a long time, but when I did, my ankles and calves started hurting. I slept during the car ride into Tucson.

We stopped by Mimi's cafe for a small dinner and by that time, I was exhausted and down. I am noticing that when I get really tired, I get a cranky and unhappy, but here is a picture of me still in a good mood.

Berta (aka Mommy) at 22 weeks

Today, we relaxed at home. Matt did chores in the morning and I worked on Baby's book list. Right now, Matt is across town playing soccer with his team. The weather outside is great, so I'm optimistic that he is having a great time. This blog is written, so it's my turn to do a few chores and get ready for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment