Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 18

We are in week 18! Today, we had a doctor's appointment. I gained 2.4 pounds since my last appointment (4 weeks ago). After two noticeable growth spurts, the gain was within reason.

It was much easier for the doctor to find our baby's heartbeat this time. It sounded like a racehorse. A great sound after waiting a month for confirmation that our little one is fine.

Today, they took blood samples to finish off the NT screening and I asked my doctor to also test me for toxoplasmosis immunity. She also suggested that I get a flu shot this year. It will be the first time I get a flu shot, but I suppose people are being extra careful this year because of swine flu.

We scheduled the "big" ultrasound (anatomical ultrasound) for two weeks from now. It will be exciting to see our baby again. And yes, the upcoming ultrasound will be the one where gender is determined/predicted (if baby cooperates). Will we find out the gender at that time? I think, we'll decide then and there.

Dear Baby,

Below is a picture of your dad at 17 weeks into our pregnancy. He's been doing all the laundry since we found out about you. He also cleans the litter box and continues to do most of the dishes. He has taken over the yard work and when I'm not feeling well, he makes dinner and massages my head, back and feet. He works hard at his job, too. Here he is working from home with the laptop on his lap:

No comments:

Post a Comment