Thursday, August 13, 2009

Growing

Things are still progressing smoothly. The worst of my first trimester symptoms are gone and I've picked up new, milder ones. My appetite is still not fantastic, but eating is no longer the bottom of my day. I've figured out what vegetables I can tolerate (mainly raw veggies) and I can now feel when I'm hungry rather than just getting shaky and cranky.

My new weird symptom is a gag reflex. It happens when brushing my teeth or eating bananas. I can eat through about half a banana before the involuntary gagging starts. I can imagine it's quite disgusting to witness, but laugh every time I do it.

My belly continues to grow. I tried on a pre-pregnancy shirt the other day. It fit fine around the chest and even buttoned over the belly, but it was not long enough to cover my whole belly. Quite an amusing sight. I'm enjoying the changes and as I get bigger, I notice a lot more things that will be impossible to do in a few months, like picking something up off the floorboard while sitting in the car or squeezing around the garage to put something away.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well, and I'm so excited for you. You better buy some slip-on shoes, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I read about that. I do have one pair of slip-on sandals. I'll need something for cooler weather though. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete