Monday, August 17, 2009

Baby's First Book and Other Stuff

We're going through Cranford as fast as my lungs can handle. I don't think I get my normal capacity back until after the baby is born and I suspect I will be a little more out of breath in the last trimester. Matt took over the reading last night and I got to listen along with Baby. It's a good book and got a few laughs from Matt and me.

We bought baby's first book on Saturday while we were at Fry's picking up a couple of things. Matt had looked for The Bernstein Bears earlier in the morning, but didn't find anything. I decided to get a collection of 8 stories from Curious George. So, Baby's first book is Curious George. Leave it to bookworms to buy books before diapers!

I've been having trouble staying comfortable during the night. Whatever side I sleep on hurts (ribs) when I wake up. I'm thinking of getting a body pillow or one of those cool/expensive pregnancy pillows I saw the other day.

I've also been fighting heartburn lately and since the last growth spurt I can't eat very much at one time. I had 5 glorious days of appetite and capacity. Now, I'm back to small meals. And then there are the hiccups. It seems that I cannot get enough of hiccuping or needing to pee.

About 98% of the time, I'm excited and happy. I get a little grumpy when I'm tired and don't feel like talking, but I don't think I'm making hell for anyone (Matt)---I hope! And sometimes, I'm worried and bummed that I have no control over my body. People are right when they say that pregnancy is an exercise in patience and adaptability. I'm trying not to dwell on worry about the discomforts that I might experience later in pregnancy. Instead, I'm trying to focus on how I feel right now and how I feel right now is pretty good and very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment