Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Day at Home

I called in sick today. I woke up with my low, low back hurting like crazy. Whether I was on either side or my back, it felt like the back of my pelvis was being pulled apart. By the time I got out of the shower, the pain had crept up my spine to my mid-back. I decided I better stay home today and avoid potentially being home for several days if I threw out my back. Right decision, because a minutes after Matt left for work, I started getting painful spasms in my mid back.

I finally found a position in which I could lay on the futon and I kept as still as possible (excepting having to get up to go to the bathroom). By the afternoon, the spasms were gone and I was able to walk around with no pain. By the time Matt got home, no pain at all.

I've been stretching every morning as soon as I get up, but I think this week is when my uterus works its way up and out from my pelvis. My belly sure seems to support this theory. I'll need to be extra careful and patient with my body this week. Working the way we did last weekend (moving the treadmill and assembling furniture) will be the last weekend I let myself work that hard before the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment