Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Names

It's time for us to start coming up with those baby names. Matt and I have decided on a girl's name, but if we find out next week that our little one is a boy, we've got some name-crunching to do! We are trying to make a list of boys' names, but it's so hard to find a name that A) isn't ridiculously common or B) doesn't sound either pretentious or hippie.

This week, I'm feeling growing pains just below my baby bump. I keep neglecting to go out and buy a body pillow to help me sleep more comfortably at night. The growing weight of my belly may be what finally drives me to Target.

The pregnancy symptoms that I still have are:
  • needing the bathroom every 15 minutes (1-4 times during the night)
  • hiccuping all the time
  • crying when I see something happy on tv
  • craving sugary foods
  • sensitivity to odors
Our baby's new book is The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners. It is really wonderful to go back to books from my own childhood. I remember so many of them. One of my favorite times of the year was book sale at school. Teachers would send us home with a flimsy two-page catalog of books that would be sold in the library. I would spend hours trying to decide what books to buy. I felt the same excitement when Matt and I looked through the small collection of kids classics at Walmart. It's amazing how all those feelings come back.

As I write this blog entry, Matt is picking up the slack with dinner. I better finish up and help him with dinner. Below is Baby and Mom at 18 weeks and 1 day.

4 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog sis.. everyday i check in to see if you've updated... btw: if you need help with baby names, shell has a huge list i'm sure she'd love to run through with you hahaha.. i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! She has already started sending them to me.

    Thanks for the comment and for reading the blog. Now, I know that I need to post more often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My official prediction: GIRL :)

    It's funny that I thought boy names were so easy for me to decide on, but it was the girl names that got us. Good luck! It's tough but fun at the same time. Will you be sharing ahead of time or announcing the name until baby arrives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, 1 girl prediction it is!

    I'm not sure if we will share the name beforehand or not. Most advice I read is to keep quiet til the baby comes to avoid others trying to pressure you to change the name. Then again, I don't think we can be pressured to change the name, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete