Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 21 Update

Baby
Our baby seems to be growing quite a bit. I could really feel his weight when Matt and I went to NM last weekend. When we hit bumps on the highway, I felt him push down on my bladder. And at various times of the day, I feel him moving around. It feels like a swirl and gurgling in my abdomen. Once he responded to Matt talking to him from really close to my belly. He also moved when we played Help! to him in the car coming back from NM.

Our next appointment is on Monday.

How I'm Feeling
This week I started feeling heavy and stretched. I was getting round ligament pain last weekend, but that has subsided into just feeling huge. I've also gone up another bra size. As if a growing belly didn't make me self-conscious!

Work Demands
Work has been demanding on both Matt and me, but I've been able to end each day this week without an exhaustion headache. A very wonderful change. I have to check into work periodically this weekend which throws a wrench into my dreams of sleeping late. Let me rephrase this whole paragraph, work has been downright abusive to us this week. We are looking forward to the weekend.

Baby Stuff
I've started researching car seats. I really think I have it narrowed down to one, but I'm going to wait for Matt to do a little research and offer his input. The next major item on the list is nursery furniture. I have fallen in love with this crib:

The good thing about this crib is that it has no moving parts, is rated high in safety, is made of solid wood, is durable, converts into 2 beds, is guaranteed to be toxin-free and is gorgeous!

The bad thing is it so expensive, I can't bring myself to give you the name or the price. Let's say it's about 1/2 week's worth my salary. Or 5 times the cost of a budget crib from Ikea. Let me also say that the bed conversion kit is not included in the price. Meaning, I could probably buy a decent crib elsewhere (not as glorious looking as this one, but nice-looking and traditional) AND a conversion kit for about the same price.

Baby Names
We are still working on the baby names. If our baby was a girl, she'd be named by now. In fact, she'd have been named even before conception. Instead, our son is still being called Baby.

The Cat
Oh, I have to mention, that the cat thinks his name is Baby. He followed me into the living room last night when I announced to Baby that it is reading time. Neo, our cat, sat on the floor facing me and listening as I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? He started drifting off when I finished that book and started in on Heaven is Having You. Isn't that silly? He is going to be extremely jealous when our son is born.

Apparently, other women have pets that are acting strange since pregnancy. Like ours, their cats are walking around the house whining for attention. Good grief!

4 comments:

  1. Just buy the nice/expensive crib... auntie lesia will be rich someday so it's okay ;)... just out of curosity what would have been the name if "the baby" would have been a girl??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, great question! :)

    That is a beautiful crib, I can see why you've fallen in love with it. What carseat are you leaning towards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesia, I like the way you think!

    Jo, we are leaning towards Chicco Key Fit 30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Olivia, Sequoia kept a safe distance, but with Jacinta, she used to lay on my tummy and purr.. this would cause the baby to get all stirred up and start kicking, then this would cause sequoia to purr louder, which would get the baby moving more... it was funny. Once Jacinta was born they had a very starnge bond. Jacinta would lay all over the cat and the cat wouldn't care.

    ReplyDelete