Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 11

Cho getting all the minutes she can get with Adam

Last week, my mom brought Gwynn to Tucson to help us out with Adam. She cares for Adam during the day while Matt and I work. We're still mainly working from home, but having Gwynn here means that we are more productive with our time and a lot less stressed during the day. Adam gets the care and attention he needs while we concentrate on work.

So far, Adam has adjusted far better than we have. We miss our time with Adam even though he is only in the next room while Gwynn cares for him. We are not used to sharing the feedings, the cuddles and play time. I'm still struggling to let Gwynn handle the day time feedings and to not try to take over each one.

Our happy boy

Adam is a very happy baby. Last night, I got him up for his 9p feeding. I was worried about waking him up. I was sure he'd be upset, but after I put him on the changing table, he squinted up at me and smiled. He didn't whine or cry. He just cooed at me and gifted me with smiles. What a sweet boy! It made a long, arduous day a rewarded one.

Growth Chart by Diaper Sizes

When Adam was born, he was rather small in his newborn diapers. We had to fold down the waist of his diapers and tape the sides overlapping across the front of his diapers. Within a week, he grew into the next size up and a few weeks later he was leaking out of those. Now, he is wearing a size 2 in Pampers Swaddlers. They are starting to fit small on him, so I'm giving him another week before there is a 4th diaper in the photo!

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely, lovely photos. I have to admit I got all teary eyed at how sweet Adam looks in your mom's arms. So sweet.

    He looks so much like you! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your diaper growth chart picture! What a cute idea.

    Thanks for choosing Pampers for your sweet, little Adam. (Pattie-Pampers Consumer Care)

    ReplyDelete