Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Trimester Summary

Since we are going into our second trimester, I thought I'd give a quick list of first trimester experiences (in as close to chronological order as possible):

  • prenatal vitamins (2 months before conception)
  • gigantic breasts
  • bloating
  • gas
  • mild & occasional cramping (ending around week 9)
  • dreams about smoking cigarettes (Just before we found out I was pregnant. Weird because I'm so anti-smoking.)
  • bizarre desire to drink alcohol (Again, strange, because I'm so a non-drinker.)
  • occasional heartburn
  • flood of emotions (excitement, fear, hope)
  • strong aversion to coffee (quit coffee completely by week 8)
  • nausea
  • aversion to cooked vegetables
  • mild aversion to all foods
  • talking aloud to baby every night before bed
  • uncontrolled happy crying when seeing fans of Cash Cab find out they are actually on/in the game show
  • conscious effort to reduce internalization of work stress
  • pregnancy brain - my vocabulary is reduced to approximately 20 words (I just cannot remember the name of anything anymore)
  • extreme fatigue in the afternoon (if neglected, leads to crying breakdown)
  • obsessively looking at my online pregnancy calendar
  • thoughts of quitting my job and starting a cake business
  • total gross-out at Neo's cat food
  • Matt takes over laundry and most of the household chores while I deal with my breakdown by taking a nap after work
  • drinking milk and eating ice cream
  • missing bacon
  • lusting after lemons
  • guilty pleasure: cherry Kool-Aid
  • getting the house ready for baby
  • thinking about the literature I'm going to read to baby
  • imagining what kind of parent I want to be
  • talking to baby about his/her Daddy since he doesn't get to spend the whole day with her/him
  • yoga and constant efforts to keep cat tail out of my face when doing downward dog
Matt will probably remind me of what I missed or he can make his own list of experiences. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment