Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Week 38

Today's appointment went well. My blood pressure and heart rate are good. I'm (we're) still gaining weight. Adam is estimated to gain a 1/2 lb each week. Based on the current size of my belly, I think it's more like 5 lbs. As usual, our baby boy made it difficult for our doctor to find his heartbeat. He'd been moving around a lot over the weekend, so I wasn't surprised. Matt asked if I'd mentioned the appointment to Adam, but this week, I didn't. So, now, we know he's tracking these appointments on his own!

I had my first exam to see if I'm dilated. I'm just barely dilated at 1cm, but the doctor said my cervix is "paper-thin". None of it is an indicator of when I'll go into labor, just that my body is acknowledging that I am getting there.

Starting next week, I'll be going to the hospital twice a week to do a non-stress test. My doctor is having me do it as a precaution since I'm over 35. I don't really think it's necessary, because things have gone smoothly through the pregnancy, but I guess, it doesn't hurt to be extra careful.

Overall, our little family is doing well. It won't be long before we're posting pictures of our newborn to this blog!

1 comment: