Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hiking

In May, we (Matt, Lesia and I) had the opportunity to take Adam hiking on Mt. Lemmon.  He did really well earlier in the year when we took him to Madera Canyon for a small hike and ever since then, he'd, off and on, bring up hiking.  He'd latched onto the idea of hiking for several days in a row one week and finally, we had a weekend in which we could do it.  

Adam loves being outdoors as much as Matt and me.  The problem is he gets so excited to go hiking that he runs, skips and jumps out all his energy in the first mile and we have to take turns carrying him back to the vehicle.  Fortunately, we never go too far from our starting point.  1) because I'm carrying little sister, I can't hike that far myself.  2) we know that wherever we go, we'll be carrying Adam back!


 Adam, pooped out and bribed with chocolate.


Pointing out the trees and mountain tops below.

Since that outing, we've had game nights (Selesia's birthday party), MyGym classes (Saturdays), soccer games (Matt), a couple of illnesses (me) that have kept us close to home.  I'm hoping we'll get another chance to get out and hike before baby sister makes her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment