Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 28

We are in week 28!

Baby's car seat and stroller arrived last week. We still need to order the crib and dresser we've picked out. I decided against the cube crib, because it has a glossy finish that apparently shows off fingerprints. Ewww!

Friends of ours from New Mexico have offered us a baby swing, high chair and a Fisher Price Jumperoo. We're going to see if my family can pick up the baby stuff and bring them the next time they drive to Tucson. We also received two handmade blankets from Carole. I need to post photos this week.

Baby and I are doing well. It's getting harder and harder to be on my feet, but I'm pushing through it. I have been good about exercising. Since the last appointment, I have made sure to do at least 20 minutes of walking 5 days a week. It's already made a difference. I can now make it around the block without having to sit down to rest my lower back. I also started using 3lb weights for an upper body workout after my walks. This weekend, I was able to walk 30 and 40 minutes on the treadmill. I'm surprised at how hard it is to carry around the extra pounds, but I'm relieved that exercising has made exercising easier.

Berta (aka Mommy) at 27 weeks

[Enter pregnancy silliness] I have 2 pairs of the same maternity jeans that are threatening to disgrace me in public. They look great and as long as I have the privacy to adjust everything, they fit well. The problem arises when we are out shopping or running errands. These jeans like to slide downward, pulling my undies with them. I'm able to pull up my jeans while we're out walking around, but the underwear will not come up with them. An hour of this nonsense will leave my underwear bunched up just above my thighs and my pants still wanting to slide off. There is nothing noble about this particular pregnancy symptom.

I took this week's picture of Matt while he was looking over the crossword we were working on together. I could have given him a chance to pose for the camera, but I couldn't pass up the smile in this one.


Matt (aka Daddy) at 27 weeks

3 comments:

  1. I love that you post a picture of you and Matt. Very sweet. You look very pretty and happy in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome to hear you guys are nesting so well! =) (I think that term is cute, 'nesting.') Your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    I'm wanting to make sure I get plenty of pictures of Matt for our son to see when he is older. I just wish we were closer to our families so I could get them on here too!

    ReplyDelete