Monday, November 2, 2009

Double Digits!

We have less than 100 days until our due date. It is amazing to us that we have roughly 14 more weeks to go. Matt, Baby and I are doing well. I'm really noticing the weight. The pads of my feet hurt pretty much any time I am on my feet and my low back gets stiff after walking or standing for a while. None of the discomfort is enough to quell our happy moods. We are still just over the moon for our baby.

Our little guy is kicking a LOT! I think he plays two or three soccer games a day. Baby is also responding to touch. When Matt caresses my belly, our son will bump the area Matt has just touched. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and he is wiggling and kicking. I place my hands on my belly and just feel him move. I love those moments.

Berta (aka Mommy) and Baby at 26 weeks

I've been reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing to Baby (and Matt) during our morning commute to work. It's a nice way to start the work day and I'm enjoying the book. I hope baby is as well. Bedtime is when we read from the shorter books. Although, I have read to Baby from my grown-up books at night, too. I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and The Lucky One. Not exactly, baby-appropriate, but a good way to mix up diction. And the first book makes Mommy laugh. That's got to be good for Baby!

Matt (aka Daddy) at 26 weeks

Matt continues to work hard, both at his job and at home. I'm learning to stop trying to do everything I used to do and to let Matt help me. I'm very close to needing his help putting my on my socks and shoes. He also gives me foot and leg massages. He has really been a wonderful husband and an excited Daddy-to-be.

Yesterday, I ordered a car seat and stroller for Baby. They should arrive this week. Even though I researched car seats beforehand and read countless reviews from different sources, I still hesitated clicking on the Submit Order button. It's my personality to worry that maybe I didn't choose the absolute best item. If I stall on every purchase, we won't have anything ready!

Now, that the order is in, I'm relieved and pleased with our choice:

Chicco Key Fit -30 Car Seat

Chicco Key Fit Stroller


Just for fun and reference and I guess, to frighten myself. I made a side by side comparison of my pictures from 18wks and 26wks. My how we've grown!


2 comments: