Monday, August 27, 2012

Painting on the Computer and Trike Milestone

Last Thursday, Adam accomplished a milestone that had eluded him for months.  He rode his tricycle unassisted.  For a long time, he didn't understand how to pedal his tricycle in order to ride it.  He'd sit on it, walk it a little, carry it or push both pedals at once, but he couldn't quite get his legs to coordinate cycling.  On a whim, I asked him if he wanted to give it a go in the kitchen and he said yes.  He got on the tricycle and started pedaling on his own, albeit with some struggle.  Yay, Adam!  I was more excited about it than he was.

Here are some of the paintings he's done on the computer:


Adam's first computer painting



Fall colors





Filling in black spot


Practicing longer brush strokes

I'll have to start asking him to name his paintings.

Adam's imagination and humor are flourishing.  He's often joking or saying something silly to amuse himself and others. Last week, after I got off the phone with my OB office...

Adam:  Sushi on Oracle called.
Mom:  You think that was Sushi on Oracle calling?
Adam:  Yes.
Mom:  Well, what did they say?
Adam:  Come sushi soon!

What a silly! 

4 comments:

  1. Omg, lol!! That's hysterically cute!! And I love his paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! The phone call story is so funny!!! I am so proud he managed to pedal all by himself! I wish I could've seen it. Oh well, maybe he'll show me in a week or so. What program are you using to let him paint? Miss & love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He uses (Microsoft) Paint. His imagination is really developing and he uses it for good laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that in the previous blog (paint program). He is such a funny kid.

      Delete