Saturday, October 2, 2010

We Just Couldn't Stay Indoors

Now that Adam is getting older, it's even more difficult to keep him entertained. He craves new experiences and staying in the house all week long with the same books and toys and people are just not enough for him. The weather is still too hot during the day to take Adam out but for a few minutes (still in the 100s), so we're trying to take him out with us when we need to run errands.


One afternoon, we took Adam with us to the chiropractor. He did so well at the chiropractor's office that we decided to try going to dinner. While we had dinner (don't worry, we fed Adam before we went to dinner), Adam people-watched. He was starting to get a bit antsy toward the end of dinner, so we hurried with the last bites and got him out of the restaurant before he got too fussy.

Before going home, we stopped by Babies R Us for the baby stuff to pick up a few necessities. Some of which included a couple of pants and new books for Adam. Adam was wide-eyed in the store. I think he could recognize toys. Matt and I picked out the things we needed then we picked out books for Adam. On the way out the door, we took Adam by the baby toys and let him pick out two. One was a stuffed elephant that plays a cricket sound and two different songs. The other toy was a wacky giraffe. Adam slapped his hands on his lap several times when I picked it up, so it was a definite pick.

Sorry for jumping around. I'm trying to get some of this written so that I can get back to Matt and Adam.

The day after we went Oktoberfest, we drove to Madera Canyon to get some more time outdoors. We walked around with Adam in the stroller and enjoyed our family time outdoors. As the weather cools, we will spend more and more time outside. We are looking forward to more family time outdoors.

In Madera Canyon

disclaimer: I'm so tired right now, I'm going to read and fix my errors some other time--maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, sorry for the mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you explain how Adam reacts to things -- it's really like I'm there with you! I could totally picture Adam excitedly slapping his hands onto his lap when you picked up the toy at Babies R Us! =) It's so much cooler now, I'm sure it'll be fun to pick out some warm clothes for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete